Thankful Revolution Todah Praise Channel presents Veronica Thomas and SNV, Inc.





Veronica Thomas Silent no more;


 empowering Survivors Not Victims 


By Miriam Stevens, Founding President of The Thankful


 Revolution and Todah Praise Channel




 China Doll A story of one Child's Sexual Abuse - Healing the scars – See the You Tube video of Veronica Thomas's accounting the sexual abuse horror that occurred in her life and why she began Survivors Not Victims. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DarEZiDApRg

 

Article Written by Miriam Stevens, Founding President of The Thankful Revolution 

and Todah Praise Channel

 

Thankful Revolution is here helping you and others live life better here on earth as it is in heaven and we encourage all to enjoy your journey and find time to rest. Here we are experiencing New-Beginnings this is our witness! Shalom and Blessings!

Proverbs 3:5-7


 


The Thankful Revolution and Todah Praise Channel Presents

May 26, 2011



Below are a few inspirational Songs of Faith that was part of the process of healing. 




--Verse (Yolanda)--
I pray You’ll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don’t know
Let this be our prayer
When we lose our way

Lead us to a place
Guide us with Your grace
To a place where we’ll be safe

--Verse (Donnie)—(Yolanda)
I pray we’ll find Your light (I pray we’ll find Your light)
And hold it in our hearts (and hold it in our hearts)
When stars go out each night (when stars go out each night)
Remind us where You are (remind us where You are)
Let this be our prayer (let this be our prayer)
When shadows fill our day (when shadows fill our day)

(D) – Oh Lord, lead us to a place, oh my
(Y) – Guide us with Your grace (guide us with Your grace)
(D/Y) – Give us faith so we’ll be safe

Both:
A world where pain and sorrow will be ended
And every heart that’s broken will be mended
And we’ll remember we are all God’s children
Reaching out to touch you, reaching to the sky

We ask that life be kind (we ask that life be kind)
And watch us from above (and watch us from above)
We hope each soul will find (we hope each soul will find)
Another soul to love (another soul to love)

(D/Y) – Let this be our prayer (let this be our prayer)
(D) – Just like every child (just like every child)

Both: (x2)
Needs to find a place
Guide us with Your grace
Give us faith so we’ll be safe


(When talking to Veronica she said this song is one she identified with by Marvin Sapp)
Marvin Sapp "The Best In Me" Live on SIRIUS XM 
Songwriters: Aaron Lindsey; Marvin L Sapp


The Best in Me - Marvin Sapp


He saw the best in me
When everyone else around
Could only see the worst in me
Can I tell ya’ll one more time, one more time?
I said he saw the best in me
When everyone else around
Could only see the worst in me
I wish I had a witness tonigth
All I need is one
Heyyy
He saw the best in me
(When everyone else around me)
When everyone else around (oohh)
(Could only see))
Could only see the worst in me
Does anybody have that testimony?
When folk walks you off
Said you would never make it, what did he see?
He saw the best in me
(When everyone else around you yeaa)
When everyone else around
(Ooohh, could only)
Could only see the worst in me
Can I tell ya’ll one more thing?
I just need to tell you one more thing
(Listen to this)
See he’s mine, and I am his
It doesn’t matter what I did
He only sees me, for who I am
Does anybody know that today?
Oh… Ohh
See he’s mine, and I am his
It doesn’t matter what I did
He only sees me, for who I am
Does anybody know that today?
(Help me sing it)
Said that he is mine
See he’s mine
I’m his
And I am his
It doesn’t matter what I did
It doesn’t matter what I did
Cause he only sees me for who I am, yea.. yea..
He only sees me for who I am
I’m so glad
That he is mine
He’s mine
Yeahh..
And I’m his
It doesn’t matter what I did
It doesn’t matter what I did
He only sees me
He only sees me for who I am
He saw the best in me
When everyone else around
Could only see the worst in me
I wish I had a witness tonight
Can I ask ya’ll one question?
The question is simply this…
What did he see?
He saw the best in me
(When everyone else around me)
When everyone else around (oohh)
(Could only see))
Could only see the worst in me
I can’t get no help us in here
Because there are some folk in here
People have walked you off
Said you would never amount to anything
Said that you would never end up being anywhere
But tell them one more time
He saw the best in me
(When everyone else around me)
When everyone else around (oohh)
(Could only see))
Could only see the worst in me
When mama said you would never be nothing
When aunties and uncles said you would never amount to anything
When daddy didn’t come home anymore
he didn’t look at you and said that
You wasn’t going to make it
God looked at you
And what did he see
What did he see?
He saw the best
The best
The best
The best
The best
The best
The best
The best
I said what did he see
I said what did he see
I said what did he see
I said what did he see
I said what did he see
I said what did he see
He saw the best in me
(Oh lord, oh, lord)
Can I sing the verse one more time, listen to this ya’ll
I love this, I love this
See he’s mine, and I am his
It doesn’t matter what I did
But he only sees me for who I am
Ohhhhhh, Lord, Yeahh….
He’s mine
And I’m his
It doesn’t matter what I did
He only sees me, for who I am
Sing it one time
(He is mine, ooohh)
He’s mine
And I am his
(Oooohh)
It doesn’t matter what I did
He only sees me for who I am
He only sees me for who I am
And the reason he sees me for who I am
Because he created me in his image and his likeness
He’s mine
He’s mine
And I am his
And I’m his
It doesn’t matter what I did
It doesn’t matter what I did
He only sees me
He only sees me for who I am
He saw the best
He saw the best


"DON'T HIDE BEHIND THE FACE OF SHAME, SPEAK OUT. SILENCE IS NOT THE ANSWER " stresses Veronica.

It was a beautiful summer day for a road trip. We were anticipating Divine Concept Group's initial Women of Greatness Retreat. Veronica and I first met that day; how ironic just 3 months later I would experience a life-altering tragedy and she would be one of the person's I reached out to help me piece my life back together after being physically and sexually assaulted. Since our initial meeting in July 2008, I have admired how consistently Veronica impacts the lives of those once crippled from sexual abuse.

Now, as an adult she gives her voice, helping others become empowered to survive and no longer remain silent victims
Veronica Thomas founded Survivors Not Victims, Inc. in 2007 to help others like her realize remaining silent after being sexually abused must cease and healing start. Only 7 years old, Veronica started being sexually abused from two of her great grandmothers friends.



Through her autographical book writings “Visions from the past (a true story)”[1] under the pseudonym Natarah Anderson, Veronica became liberated. She stopped living in fear, shame, and secrets.  Thereby, Veronica launch SNV, Inc. that provides support to other sexually abuse victims.  

Finally, one last key component we both shared in healing is our faith in God.  Yes, I believe Divine intervention allowed us to meet. Veronica’s passion empowers sexually abused victims end living ashamed and reclaims their voice. SNV website: http://www.helpingsurvivors.com/.

COMMERCIAL BREAK FROM OUR SPONSOR MIRIAM STEVEN'S OF THE THANKFUL REVOLUTION TODAH PRAISE CHANNEL ANNOUNCING AN UPCOMING BOOKLET RELEASE IN THE NEAR FUTURE...
  



[1] Amazon.com Visions from the past (a true story) book can be purchased online http://www.amazon.com/VISIONS-PAST-story-NATARAH-ANDERSON/dp/1418418374
Finally, one last key component we both shared in healing is our faith in God. Yes, I believe Divine intervention allowed us to meet. Veronica's passion empowers sexually abused victims end living ashamed and reclaims their voice. SNV website: http://www.helpingsurvivors.com/.

[2] Amazon.com Visions from the past (a true story) book can be purchased online http://www.amazon.com/VISIONS-PAST-story-NATARAH-ANDERSON/dp/1418418374
Hampton Roads Gala Sponsor S.N.V., Inc.


Register online now for the S.N.V.
2011 Victory Bike Ride

($20.00 until June 1st):

Click Here: REGISTER NOW!
For more info: Click Here!
Q and A excerpts from a dialogue between 
Miriam Stevens and Veronica Thomas
Miriam: So please tell us your name, background (education, work, etc.) title, name of organization, and where you are from?
Veronica: My name is Veronica Thomas. I am president of S.N.V., Inc. I have a Bachelor's degree from Hampton University. I am originally from Birmingham Alabama; I've worked at the Newport News Department of Social Services for 12 years.
Miriam: You started SNV for those readers and listeners who don't know what SNV stands for please elaborate and why did you develop this organization?
Veronica: SNV stands for Survivors Not Victims of Sexual Abuse. It was developed to let those that has been victimized by sexual abuse know that you do not have to remain victims but you can choose to become survivors of sexual abuse.
Miriam: How long has SNV been in existence? What kinds of changes have been seen in your organization since you started it? 
Veronica: SNV began in 2007. It has grown from going to people's houses for group meetings to having 3 buildings where we not only still have biweekly support group meetings but a performing arts & mentoring group for children ages 5-16 that teaches children prevention and awareness of sexual abuse, but also gang violence, peer pressure, diversity, alcohol & drugs and different issues that our children face on a daily basis.
Miriam: What are your guiding principles, mission and goals of SNV?
Veronica: For SNV'S continued growth to empower and teach more these issues mentioned earlier And helping victims of sexual abuse to realize that they are not alone and have the right to healing and becoming survivors.
Miriam: If you like to share briefly maybe one or two lines your testimony how that changed your life and inspired you to not lay down and be a victim but stand and become a victor reclaiming your voice.
Veronica: Being a victim of sexual abuse is one of the most difficult journeys in life. Your self esteem, your self worth, your victimization, your identity being continually questioned. My inspirations were my children and a very dear friend who is deceased.

 

Additional information and related article (commercial break)

Coming soon from the Founding President of the Thankful Revolution Todah Praise Channel a Booklet geared to help you if you have experience a personal traumatic life event (pending release 2012)

 

Life Strategies for how to A.C.T.N.O.W.!
How to regain your self-posture to achieve God's Original Plan for  becoming healthy, whole, productive and prosperous.
From
Rape
to Reap: 
Repositioning your
life's "E" vents

By Miriam S. Stevens aka Essence of Myrrh  Proverbs 3:5-7
Copyright ©Miriam S Stevens March 11, 2010
  From    RAPE
R   Rescue   A   Another   P   Prevent   E   Encroachments   To    REAP  R    Renewed       E    Empowerment   A  Achieve     P    Posture AND 
R   Re-ignited      E   Elevated              A   Activate    P   Purpose 
Repositioning your life's "E" vents
You have just taken your first step by reading  this booklet: A NEW YOU is being revealed  right before your eyes.
How does one recover and find themselves again after their previous known life ended. Safety, depression, shame, fear, and trust are now battles that have to be won. The battlefield of the mind; regaining a healthy and positive posture becomes the long journey home. The song I now sing is “From R.A.P.E. To R.E.A.P. – Reposition your life’s ‘E’vents”. Mirdomlat3@aol.com aka Essence of Myrrh Proverbs 3:5-7
The following pages well provide an Expanded Message as God gave to Scribe Miriam S Stevens
aka Essence of Myrrh Proverbs 3:5-7
March 11, 2010
The reason I wanted to share this booklet is to provide an avenue of escape and helpline for those who are desperate to change their current abusive, unhealthy and nonproductive circumstances.
Sometimes when we find ourselves isolated in this hole of despair a kind word, caring hug or message of hope can become the catalyst to change your viewpoint.  There can be a paradigm shift in your mind, creating the phenomenal individual you were always born to become and YOU WILL Survive!  So, take the chance on yourself to become victorious over all the Hell life has thrown you shift your life into a new realm of reality.  Find the wisdom from God’s plan for your life that you were created for “good use”.   Let’s see how you can activate the New You by exploring the A.C.T.N.O.W.
FROM THE DESK OF MIRIAM
 ~ ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY, FIND TIME TO REST 
AND GIVE GOD 
THANKS REGARDLESS!  
SHALOM PSALMS 23 

This is a  powerful picture slide show that encourages all who have 

experienced abuse to not hide anymore find hope and in the local area 

where this is from gives the contact information.  

I offer Rape Hotline (and other reference numbers)  if you have been 

raped PLEASE get the help you need to heal and no longer remain in 

darkness, shame, fear and secret.  You deserve to choose for yourself a

 "better" you that IS A Survivor!  You matter so get the help you need to 

be a survivor from a traumatic life effect .  

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/reslist/tollfree.cfm

is the online link for the below reference numbers:

Child Abuse

Childhelp® Phone: 800.4.A.CHILD (800.422.4453) Whom They Help: Child abuse  victims, parents, concerned individuals

Child Sexual Abuse

Darkness to Light Phone: 866.FOR.LIGHT (866.367.5444) Whom They Help: Children and adults needing local information or resources about sexual abuse

Family Violence

National Domestic Violence Hotline Phone: 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233) Whom They Help: Children, parents, friends, offenders

Help for Parents

National Parent Helpline® Phone: 855.4APARENT (855.427.2736) (available 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., PST, weekdays) Whom They Help: Parents and caregivers needing emotional support and links to resources

Human Trafficking

National Human Trafficking Hotline Phone: 888.373.7888 Whom They Help: Victims of human trafficking and those reporting potential trafficking situations

Mental Illness

National Alliance on Mental Illness Phone: 800.950.NAMI (800.950.6264) Whom They Help: Individuals, families, professionals

Missing/Abducted Children

Child Find of America Phone: 800.I.AM.LOST (800.426.5678) Whom They Help: Parents reporting lost or abducted children, including parental abductions
Child Find of America—Mediation Phone: 800.A.WAY.OUT (800.292.9688) Whom They Help: Parents (abduction, prevention, child custody issues)
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Phone: 800.THE.LOST (800.843.5678) Whom They Help: Families and professionals (social services, law enforcement)

Rape/Incest

Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) Phone: 800.656.HOPE (800.656.4673) Whom They Help: Rape and incest victims, media, policymakers, concerned individuals

Substance Abuse

National Alcohol and Substance Abuse Information Center Phone: 800.784.6776 Whom They Help: Families, professionals, media, policymakers, concerned individuals

Suicide Prevention

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone: 800.273.8255 Whom They Help: Families, concerned individuals

Youth in Trouble/Runaways

National Runaway Switchboard Phone: 800.RUNAWAY (800.786.2929) Whom They Help: Runaway and homeless youth, families
   CHECK IT OUT ONLINE SO IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS FOR CONTENT POSTED THERE IS AN ORGANIZATION THAT CAN HELP!    http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US
Related Article

      Related Article SNV, INC. INVOLVED IN HAMPTON ROADS COMMUNITY WITH UPCOMING EVENTS  GO TO SNV, INC. WEBSITE FOR COMMUNITY EVENT AND PARTNERSHIP DETAILS http://www.helpingsurvivors.com/
opt12.jpg
S.N.V. is an organization that is dedicated to those who have unfortunately, experienced being a victim of sexual abuse and helping to prevent our children from being victims of sexual abuse and protecting our/your children. It is the goal of S.N.V. to provide men, women and children of sexual abuse with a place to turn to for listening, support, understanding and guidance towards the aspects of survival after this abuse. 
The Hampton Roads Gala Committee Board would like to thank S.N.V., Inc. for their support of the 2011 Hampton Roads Gala. We appreciate all of your support Hampton Roads.














Contact Phone 757.251.2441



Click Below on Video to hear SNV, Inc. Founding President Veronica Thomas

2011 Hampton Roads Gala

Admission: RSVP (visit website to RSVP)
 No Cost
Event Dates:
Jun 14, 2011 
Tuesday
6:00pm
Event location:
Chrysler Hall
215 St Pauls Blvd 
Norfolk VA 23510
(757) 664-6464
More contact info: 
Phone: 757-715-3816 

URL:
www.hamptonroadsgala.com
opt11.png




ban-b-4.png


All proceeds from the rally will go to support S.N.V., Inc. continuing mission to bring awareness of sexual abuse to the community in an effort to protect our children from becoming victims and also to help those who have already been victimized.

The 2011 Victory Bike Ride will start at 10:00 am and end at 12:00 pm. The beginning point of the bike ride will be at the Mercury Entertainment Center (227 E. Mercury Blvd., Hampton, VA) to the Colonial Parkway route, Jamestown to Yorktown and will end at Buckroe Beach. A donation of $20.00 online registration per bike and $5 for passenger. There will also be onsite registration the day of the event for a donation of $25.00 between 8:00 am – 10:00 am. Includes 1 souvenir t-shirt, additional shirts $15.00. 50/50 Raffle included.
 
Download Flyer: Click Here!
6/12/11S.N.V.’S FREE Community Awareness Fun Fest
Come out and enjoy great food, entertainment, live music, skits, spoken word, singers, inflatable and horse rides for the kids! We will have awareness Information on Sexual Abuse provided by HPD, Guest speaker: Vice Mayor George Wallace, and Dance Performance by Beauty For Ashes and much more! (Donations are welcome)Download Flyer: Click Here!
6/12/11SNV, Inc. presents The Return of the Brides of Funkenstein
The only true and original female funk band will perform a fundraising concert. The concert will take place at the: The Mercury Entertainment Center, 227 E Mercury Blvd., Hampton, Va. Doors Open: 8:00pm l Tickets are $20.00 in advance and at the Door.Funk Fans Rejoice! Hampton VA. – original mainstay Brides of Funkenstein member Dawn Silva- Parlet’s Jeanette Washington-Perkins – and renowned singer-songwriter, Sue Ann Carwell- stand together on center stage! This historic reunion has created record traffic on social networks, while gatherings of up to 20,000 and more pay homage to these rare and extraordinary funk diva’s. Ladies & Gentlemen, the Mothership Connection is here……!
Download Flyer: Click Here! Purchase Tickets now: Click Here

 

http://www.helpingsurvivors.com/ 

http://www.helpingsurvivors.com/images/bd-t.jpg

 


Our programs are designed to help improve our communities in the areas that affect
mental and physical growth.


Read More : Division I: Sexual Abuse Awareness and Support
Sexual abuse awareness and support is a sexual abuse awareness and support...


Read More : Division II: Performing Arts and Mentoring Program Our Performing Arts and Mentoring Program, where we teach children preventative...

Read More : Division III: After School and Summer Feeding Program
Our Feeding Program. S.N.V. takes part in feeding thousands of children.
..

 


S.N.V., Inc. is an organization that is dedicated to those who have unfortunately experienced being a victim of sexual abuse. It is the goal of S.N.V. to provide men, women and children of sexual abuse with a place to turn to, for listening, support, understanding and guidance towards the aspects of survival after this abuse. Victims of Sexual Abuse must be informed that they are empowered to make the choice of whether or not they wish to remain Victims or become Survivors. S.N.V. is also dedicated to helping prevent our/your children from becoming victims of sexual abuse by empowering them to be aware of all situations they may run into that could transform their lives forever. S.N.V., Inc. was founded by Veronica Thomas (No Longer A Victim, But A Survivor!) a survivor of the terrors of childhood sexual abuse. Veronica did not allow her abuser to continue to control her life or supersede her ability to succeed. She made a choice to be a survivor. She was only a child when she was faced with the traumatic experiences of sexual abuse. Taken from the only home she knew as a child after her grandmother’s murder, losing her brother to one of her abusers and raped at will by the hands of two men her great-grandmother trusted. Had it not been for the love and determination of two angels that came and rescued her and her brother, she had no idea where she’d be today or if she would have even survived her childhood.
Veronica chose to turn her experiences with sexual abuse into a movement by creating S.N.V., Inc. (Survivors Not Victims) of Sexual Abuse. She was also encouraged and inspired to write her story entitled “VISIONS FROM THE PAST” (A True Story) which tells the horrific story of her childhood sexual abuse experience. It was the most difficult thing she’d ever done. But this book helped to heal her from her past as well as others that read her story and truly realized that they were not alone. She is currently having her book republished through AEG Publishing Company and will begin her second book in 2011 which will begin her journey back to the place of her childhood abuse in Jefferson, TX which she feels is necessary to complete her healing.

above information from the following link http://www.helpingsurvivors.com/about.us.html

Part Two Veronica Thomas more Q and A with Miriam Stevens

Article Written by Miriam Stevens, Founding President of
The Thankful Revolution and Todah Praise Channel Presents 
May 26, 2011
Q and A with Miriam Stevens and Veronica Thomas
Miriam: Any statistics you have on the plight of Sexual Abuse, molestation, assaults that you may have and their references?
Veronica: Every 2 min someone is being sexually assaulted in the U.S there were 248,300 sexual assaults in 2007 (the most recent data available). 1 in 4 girls will be sexually abused before she turns 18, more than 90% of abusers are someone children know love and trust. Most never tell. There are more than 39 million survivors of childhood sexual abuse in America. 
Miriam: Where are you located? And what kind of activities do you do for your participants? Who can participate with SNV? Is there a membership costs? 
Veronica: We are located in Downtown Hampton, 125 Franklin Street. We not only provide the family support groups but we also implement other means of therapy such as poetry, massage therapy, talking, support and for our children our performing arts and mentoring program where we teach awareness and prevention through acting, singing and dancing.
Miriam: What are the upcoming events, fundraisers, and new ventures for SNV in the future? 
Veronica: Each year in June SNV has its annual awareness Free Community FunFest event against Sexual Abuse.  There is a Free Community Awareness Fun Fest Event to be held Sunday June 12th at Buckroe Beach in Hampton. The purpose of this event is to bring awareness to the community of the harmful effects of childhood sexual abuse. To inform our community of a means of approach to be aware, prevent, and report this horrific crime. 
This ONE-DAY event will be composed of three different segments. We will initiate the day with a first and foremost Motorcycle Rally that will start in Hampton to the Scenic Colonial Parkway and back to Buckroe Beach, Hampton. The second segment will take place with our Free Community Awareness Fun Fest; in Hampton's Buckroe Beach that will provide children's inflatable rides, all day entertainment by local artists and performers and featuring former and active members of George Clinton and the P-Funk all stars "Let the Monkey Go"; skits performed by the kids in S.N.V.'s Performing Arts & Mentoring Program, guest speakers to include the Vice Mayor of Hampton George Wallace and Councilman Will Moffett. There will be horseback rides for kids and adults and vendors. 
This event will provide education and information to inform the citizens in our communities of what sexual assault means and its content.  OUR HAMPTON POLICE DEPARTMENT'S CRIMES  VICTIMS UNIT WILL DELIVER THIS  INFORMATION TO THE PUBLIC.    The June event is scheduled to tie in with the end of the school year when most children will have the most time away from their immediate families and be the most vulnerable to sexual predators. Our mission for this program is to make sure our community is aware of this very serious problem.
We will also have a fundraiser concert featuring the Brides of Funkenstein who after 25 years are coming back to help us raise funds to help us to obtain vans for our kids in our performing arts & mentoring program which will be held at the Mercury Entertainment Center.
Miriam: What are the signs of abuse? What can the outsider do to help? If you are being abused or have been assaulted or attacked what can you do to get help and recover?
Veronica: Some signs of abuse are sudden withdrawal, quietness, behavior changes, refuses to eat, nightmares, or sleep problems, sudden mood swings, bouts of anger, rage, fear, writes, draws plays or dreams of sexual images, drug & alcohol abuse, sexual promiscuity, depression.
The best way to get help is to talk, to open up to someone that you trust. Look for a place such as SNV or another organization such as SNV that can help victims that has the experience with sexually abused victims.
Miriam: Who are some of your community's partners? And how can the community help SNV?
Veronica: Youth Connect, Hampton FAPT Team, Divine Concept Group, Weed & Seed, and DTNNMA. And anyone can help by supporting and donating to our mission and cause. To our upcoming events and fundraisers.
Miriam: What is your contact information Physical and street address? Where can we find you online? 
Veronica: Our contact information is phone # 757-251-2441, email: snvinc@aol.com, physical add: 125 Franklin Street, Hampton VA 23669, Mailing Add: P.O. Box 69062 Hampton, VA 23669, website: www.helpingsurvivors.com

Thankful Revolution is here helping you and others live life better here on earth as it is in heaven and we encourage all to enjoy your journey and find time to rest. Here we are experiencing New-Beginnings this is our witness! Shalom and Blessings!

Proverbs 3:5-7
 Love you always Miriam! Http://www.myspace.com/thankfulrevolution  and  Http://www.facebook.com/thankfulrevolution 

Comments

  1. http://pirateroundup.ning.com/profiles/blogs/time-to-become-a-survivor-not
    Check out this article by Hampton University grads Miriam Smith Stevens and Veronica Thomas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts